The New Mexico Transportation Plan (NMTP) is now available for public review and comment. The plan reflects the input received from a wide range of public agencies, private organizations, and individuals throughout the state. The NMTP is a state transportation plan and was developed in cooperation with seven regional transportation planning organizations with responsibility to address transportation needs in rural New Mexico and five metropolitan transportation planning organizations with responsibility to address transportation needs in urban New Mexico. The regional plans page provides links to these complementary plans, when they become available . The NMTP team will be presenting the draft NMTP throughout the state over the next 45 days, while the plan is available for public review and comment.
See below for plan documents and to provide comments on the plan.
Public meetings will be held on June 3 in Las Cruces, June 4 in Albuquerque, and June 8 in Santa Fe.
- NMTP Summary Presentation
- Draft Complete Plan
- Plan Summary & Front Matter
- Chapter 1 – Challenges and Opportunities
- Chapter 2 – Introduction to Goals and Strategies
- Goal 1 – Transparency and Accountability
- Goal 2 – Improve Safety for All System Users
- Goal 3 – Preserve and Maintain our Transportation Assets for the Long Term
- Goal 4 – Provide Multimodal Access and Connectivity for Community Prosperity
- Goal 5 – Respect New Mexico’s Cultures, Environment, History, and Quality of Life
- Chapter 3 – Measuring our Performance
- Chapter 4 – Implementation
- Appendices – coming soon
Do you wish to submit a comment on the draft plan? If so, you can submit your comments here. Or you can download a Comment Form and mail it back to us.